Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 02, 2009

Countryside Wedding, 21 Dec 08



Photobucket



Thao's cousin was having a wedding in her hometown of Ba Vi. It is about 60km away, and for

the first time she let me drive the motorbike for a few km! ;)) When we finally got there, it was

dark already, and the groom was calling Thao to come to the wedding quick!



The guests at the wedding give money to the bride and groom, so here is Thao writing on our

gift. She is also complaining that in countryside sometimes whole families of 5 people come to

the wedding and only give 50.000 dong ($3) :P







Photobucket



The party is just getting started outside the groom's parents house. Actually this is only the first

day of partying - the wedding parties lasted for three days!







Photobucket



Lots of good food to eat: chicken, pork, beef, bird... And tooooo much Vietnamese wine...



All of Thao's uncles and groom's brothers kept making toasts with me. After I drank more than

20 small cups like you see above, suddenly I started to feel it and was very sick that night. And

the next morning I started to vomit alotttttttttt... I should feel ashamed because it was also the

day I came to talk " Trạm ngõ" to Thao's parents. Thao's parents were so worried for me and

Thao couldn't sleep that night because she was so worried and thought I might die... :( hehe...



Thao's parents were scolding her why she didn't stop me to drink so much, but you know what,

Thao answered that "I didn't know Kyle can drink alotttt like that, I thought he just sipped a

little... I didn't know all the time he drank it all with about 25 cups like that.. All I saw before is

he just always drink beer a little bit..."



The next day, luckily the groom teached me "một ít" if anyone ask me to drink again. So it

worked, and Thao made very sure I didn't drink much anymore :D







Photobucket



Another of Thao's cousins with great hair ;)) The next day Thao wanted to style my hair just

like that, but I said "nooooo he will think I am copying him!!"





Photobucket



Thao's cousin, sister's husband, me, groom, friends...







Photobucket





At the next day of the wedding, the bride went around to all the tables to pour tea for the guests





Photobucket



The bride wanted to sing some songs for the guests







Photobucket



The happy couple with Thao's mom







Photobucket









Photobucket









Photobucket



Bride and future bride;))





Photobucket





Saying good bye to the guests.





Photobucket



Whole family.







No comments:

Post a Comment